Welcome to 2020 year of Dance! We would like to welcome all new and returning families to our JE Family and we look forward to
joining you in your journey of dance.
We have so many wonderful events happening this year which is going to make it an amazing year. I am so thrilled that our end of year performance will be at the Empire Theatre this year.
I am delighted to announce our staff for 2020:
- Jameille Eugarde – Principle
- Nattel Kemph – Studio Manager
- Cath Brosnan
- Renae Bruggemann
- Libby Coghlan
- Katie Green
- Lana Haworth
- Eve Murphy
- Beth Reid
- Julia Winning
We are so excited to be teaching your children the love and passion of Dance with the
Term Dates for 2020
Our term dates for 2020 are as follows. Please note that there are no classes on any public holidays, including the Toowoomba Show Holiday.
- Monday 3 February – Saturday 4 April 2020
- Monday 20 April – Saturday 27 June 2020
- Monday 13 July – Saturday 19 September 2020
- Tuesday 6 October – Concert Day
Key Dates for the Calendar
- Heritage Bank Toowoomba Royal Show Performances – Thursday 19 – Saturday 21 March 2020
- Exam Entries (only applies to some students) – end of Term 1
- Ballet Vacation School – Sunday 28 June – Wednesday 1 July 2020
- Ballet Exams – end July / beginning August (specifics to be confirmed)
- Jazz Vacation School – Sunday 20 September – Tuesday 22 September 2020
- Jazz Exams – beginning of term 4 (specifics to be confirmed)
- 1st Full Concert Rehearsal – Saturday 7 November 2020
- 2nd Full Concert Rehearsal – Saturday 14 November 2020
- Concert at the Empire Theatre – Saturday 21 November 2020
- America Trip – 4 – 17 December 2020
- Toowoomba Christmas Wonderland (Lights) Performances – 18 – 23 December
Class and Studio Etiquette
For our classes to run smoothly we kindly ask you to read the following:
- The studio will be open from 3:10pm each afternoon.
- We have change rooms, toilet, study table, pigeon holes, fridge & microwave for the students to use.
- No bags will be allowed in the Studio’s. Please leave all items in pigeon holes provided for you. No phones will be allowed in the studios (Older Students)
- For safety we require No Parents will be allowed into the studio 1, 2& 3. Children perform & learn better without having any distractions.
- We do have an open door policy so if you wish to watch a class please arrange it with office. (We understand for the first couple of weeks with little ones this will be different. This also doesn’t apply to twinkle feet classes on a Wednesday)
- If you need to speak to a teacher, please arrange a time with the office or send Jameille an email please do don’t speak with teachers in between classes. Our classes are a on a tight time frame and we feel it to be very important that you are getting your full class that you are paying for.
- We have a parents waiting area which is in the office area. Also have seating outside. You are very welcome to wait between classes.
- If you child needs to leave class early please send a note along with them so their teacher is aware.
- If you are happy for your child to leave the studio at any time, we require a written permission slip from parent / guardian.
- We pride ourselves and have high expectations with our uniform. Please make sure that the correct uniform is worn to each class and hair is doing correct for each style. All ballet students MUST have their hair in a bun.
- If students will be absent from class of any reason please email or text Jameille to let her know
- It is very important that all students bring a named water bottle with them to each class. Please make sure that it is only water inside.
- JE Dancehouse is an allergy aware studio. Our studio is a NUT FREE Zone. We thank you for your understanding on this matter.
- We need to keep our studio clean. We ask that all students please place their rubbish in the bin, tidy up their belongings & put items back from where they found it.
Term fees will be going out at the start of term via email. The account is to be paid 21 days after the account has been issued. If you wish to make payment arrangements please speak to Jameille once you have received your account. If accounts are not paid by due date a late fee will be applied. Accounts can be paid in Cash, Cheque, Direct debit and now eftpos. If you choose to pay by card 2% will be charged.
We will be having an open week in the last week of term 2. We invite everyone to come along and watch your child’s classes. An invitation will go out next term.
Just a reminder that our studio has high expectations with our dress code. The JE Dancehouse uniform must be worn to each class. Please make sure that all uniforms are named including shoes. Please make sure that all students DO NOT wear their dance shoes outside of the studio. It will wreck the sole of the shoe and also wreck our new studio flooring. All Uniforms are to be purchased from our uniform shop at the studio.
- Monday – 3:30 – 6:00 pm
- Tuesday – 3:30- 6:00 pm
- Thursday – 3:30- 6:00 pm
- Saturday – 8:30- 10:30 am
Second Hand Uniforms
We have set up our second hand uniform page on Facebook. This is a closed page so you will need to request to be added. Please place all JE uniforms, shoes stockings etc on this page if you wish to sell your items.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact me. I am happy to help. I do live out of town and sometimes have no reception but I will always contact you the moment I am back in service.
All important studio information will be sent out via email. It will also be placed on our Website, Facebook and Instagram page. Please go onto to Facebook and like and our page and also follow us on Instagram.
- Jameille Eugarde
- 0412 767 150
We are excited to have a brand-new website which will throughout the year introduce different things such as blogs. Our website can be found at www.jedancehouse.com.au
We can’t wait to dance through 2020 with you all. Its going to be an amazing year.